So I realize that as of today, Christmas is still a looong time away. So is my birthday [January 11]. But that really doesn’t stop me from planning my Christmas and birthday wish list in August. I generally have a really hard time trying to decide what I want to be given. I couldn’t tell you why it’s this difficult for me to come up with some gift ideas, but it’s like trying to herd cats: impossible.
By the grace of God
and a lot of Google searches, I have come up with a list! [insert fake applause sound clip] These are in no particular order of importance, relevance, necessity, or level of want, just a list of presents that would make this lady blogger one happy girl.
1. iPad | because duh! I know this gift is a little on the expensive side, but every blogger needs a trusty tablet to keep up with all the happenings in the blogosphere. An iPhone just won’t cut it sometimes. [fingers crossed, I might splurge for the new one coming out this Fall / I am aware the picture shown is not a real iPad...yet]
2. Custom blog design | what better way to say “you rock my socks” than to purchase your favorite blogger a custom blog design from say, Aubrey Kinch Design Studio? Now that’s a gift that keeps on giving.
3. Business cards | bloggers gotta spread the word about their blog. Marketing is just as important as making a blog look nice.
4. Web hosting | one of those presents that most people would not understand, but your blogger would appreciate this. Definitely an idea most people would never think of giving.
5. Blog, Inc. by Joy Cho | not everyone wants a book as a gift, but I wouldn’t turn this book down. I actually almost bought this one back in the day, but couldn’t get myself to spend the money [it's only $16.67, but I'm weird].
6. Daniel Wellington watch | everyone needs to be able to tell the time, right?! I wouldn’t be upset if I found this little beauty under my tree. It’s super classy [and Southern sassy]!
7. Privacy screen | might sound like a boring gift, but there is nothing worse than feeling like someone is reading your next post over your shoulder.
8. External hard drive | I’ve wanted one of these for a while. Partially to save all my blogging goodies, but also to backup the endless amount of coursework I did during my first Bachelor degree and now everything I’ve started accumulating from my second Bachelor degree.
9. Kendra Scott jewelry | just because your blogger friend is sitting behind a computer what seems like the better part of the day does not mean they shouldn’t look gorgeous doing it. I happen to enjoy gold and sparkly things very, very much. [Elisa Pendant Necklace in Gold Drusy]
10. Clare Vivier clutch | again, one item that isn’t really relevant to blogging, but something that I still really, really enjoy looking at and all that. I can’t imagine I would ever really get this as a gift, but if any of you pretty people are feeling generous…!
11. Starbucks Gift Card | need I say more? Caffeine equals fuel. Fuel equals hyper-blogging. Hyper-blogging equals happy readers.
12. Photoshop | I seriously have way too expensive of taste for being on a poor, nursing student budget but there I said it! I want Photoshop! [Note: I found a super great feature in Preview that I will discuss at a later time. It has literally changed my life. I'm not even being over dramatic.]
There are of course other gifts, like Gunnar computer glasses and ergonomic chairs that would be great for some bloggers out there, but not really my cup of tea. I can’t say I won’t change my mind and want those later in my blogging career, though!
What are some of your blogger gift wants and ideas?